Leaders Educated And Prepared
Design a LEAP
LEAP: We're out to change the world...starting with ourselves.
1. Form a LEAP club at your school or community center to build your team
2. Inspire a teacher or leader to:
a. mentor / coach your LEAP team
b. help you establish your partnerships
c. establish accountability and integrity as you run your meetings
Remember you can start a LEAP with one diverse partner or start with all three.
3. Reach out to LEAP or other experts to make a plan of action to build a team of trust among disparate partners.
4. Begin to meet and communicate weekly with one or both partners.
5. Ask yourselves:
• What is your passion?
• What are your strengths?
• What issues need your support?
• Where in the world do you want to work?
• How can you best learn to walk in another’s shoes?
6. Establish a mission that fits your vision and remember there are no boundaries as to the type of LEAP you create.
Examples: Writer’s LEAP, Comparative Film LEAP, AIDS Awareness LEAP, Leadership LEAP, Environmental LEAP, Literary LEAP, Anti-Bullying LEAP, Music LEAP (see LEAPs in Action for more ideas)
7. Decide whether a trip is an integral part of your LEAP.
8. For a visual overview of the Cycle of a Leadership, click here.
© 2012 LEAP, Inc. All rights reserved. LEAP logo is a registered trademark of LEAP, Inc. Site by JHDG.